Who’s who at Culture Collective
Click here to listen to an audio version of this page.
Hundreds of people and organisations make up Culture Collective – our richness is in our diversity. Here’s an introduction to some of the people behind the scenes:
The Programme Lead team
The Culture Collective network and activity is coordinated by a Programme Lead team. This team consists entirely of freelancers, and includes:
- Kathryn Welch, Programme Lead. Kathryn co-ordinates the programme, liaises with Creative Scotland and the Scottish Government, and supports the co-ordinators leading Culture Collective projects.
- Morvern Cunningham, Creative Lead. Morvern co-ordinates a programme of support for the creative practitioners working across the network, and organises our events.
- Matt Hickman, Engagement Lead. Matt leads our work to ensure artists from a diverse range of backgrounds are supported within the network, including designing bespoke support and networking opportunities.
To get in touch with the Programme Lead team, email Kathryn Welch, who can direct you from there.
As a team, we’re grateful for the input of some brilliant experts, which over time has included Communications and PR support by Storytelling PR, guidance and care-taking by François Matarasso, Open Space events hosted by Improbable. An external evaluation of Culture Collective is being led by Queen Margaret University – Rachel Blanche, Anthony Schrag, David Stevenson, Alice McGrath and Bryan Beattie.
The Programme Lead team work regularly with other freelancers who bring extra skill, knowledge and perspective to the team. In particular, we’re keen to recognise (and recommend!) some of our regular collaborators:
- Halina Rifai produced the Future Culture Podcast, which also included music by Hen Hoose.
- Maria Stoian created the illustrations for our events and podcast series.
- The Starting Points events were hosted – variously – by Lewis Hou, Heather Parry, Arusa Qureshi, Ink Asher Hemp, Emma Jane Park and Tomiwa Folorunso.
- Mario Cruzado and Robyn Dawson brought the technical wizardry to capture, edit and share our live event videos.
The Culture Collective projects
The Culture Collective network is made up of 26 individual projects. These are typically collaborative efforts, including multiple organisations, artists, groups and communities. You can find out more about – and get in touch with – individual Culture Collective projects via the links within the Projects section of the site. You should contact them directly to discuss job opportunities / commissions, or getting involved in your local project.
Follow our journey
You can follow the progress of Culture Collective by signing up to our newsletter, or connecting with us via Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.